Are you excited to keep up-to-date with new algorithms and care about implementing them as efficiently as possible? Do you like to find simple and efficient solutions to complex problems? Are you ready to take on a new challenge and join a fast growing and leading Swiss PropTech startup with ambitious plans to grow internationally? Then apply now and join us on our mission to improve the place where employees spend most of their days – the workspace.
For our newly created Platform Team, we are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Understand the needs from the Platform and other Engineering teams and provide appropriate guidance to engineers
- Ensure high availability, scalability and security of platforms
- Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making
- Design and drive the creation and adoption of new Platform Engineering standards and best practices
- Active participant in team meetings, talent and leadership discussions
- Drive open source technology adoption and commit to open source technologies
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of engineering (software development) experience, preferably working as a backend Java developer or other JVM languages
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB and Redis
- Strong understanding of enterprise integration patterns
- Strong experience with integration test design
- Experience with integration preferably RESTful APIs, data handling technologies and other open source frameworks
- Deep understanding of data structures, system design, and algorithms
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
- Bonus if you have hands-on experience in microservices architecture and in Domain-driven design
- Migrating monolithic to microservice architecture is a big plus
- Previous experience with cloud technologies and experience setting up continuous integration infrastructures e.g Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform is preferred
- Experience as a Scrum Master is a plus
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Be part of a dynamic, fast-paced and internationally growing startup
- Work on cutting-edge big data analytics technology for the largest organisations worldwide
- A real scale-up adventure with great rewards
- Open and supportive culture on a flat organizational structure. Make your efforts and engagement count!
- A lot of independence and responsibility
- An inspiring and modern working environment in Zurich
- The ability to choose your own work devices
- The chance to work in a young, energetic and talented team that cares for each other: we live diversity and speak 14 different languages (English being our company language)
- Weekly team events, after-work beers and much more, we never miss out on fun!
- Fresh fruits basket, homemade cakes, free tea, coffee & snacks
- Optimise your work-life balance and work one week per year from wherever you want
WHO WE ARE
We are a Zurich-based start-up that supports large companies in optimizing their office buildings. Our Smart Building platform "Locatee " provides real-time data that makes office buildings intelligent and user-oriented. Thanks to Locatee, large organisations worldwide are able to intelligently optimize their office buildings and shape the way how people interact with their workspace.
Our motto is to create a work environment where people love to work. This is not only our working culture but also what we want our customers to reach thanks to Locatee.
Our fantastic diverse team consists of 30 people with strong background in Product, Computer & Data science, Business Development, Marketing and Human Resources.