WHO WE ARE
We are a Zurich-based start-up that supports large companies in optimizing their office buildings. Our Big Data platform "Locatee Analytics" provides real-time data that makes office buildings intelligent and user-oriented. Thanks to Locatee, some of the world's largest companies are able to intelligently optimize their office buildings and improve interaction between employees and their work environment.
Part of our growth, we are currently hiring for a Platform Technical Lead who has a deep passion for backend systems, their scalability, as well as their continued development.
The Platform Technical Lead will work closely with other cross-functional teams building and supporting systems that deliver reliability, high performance, and epic functionality. From design, implementation, and deployment, the Platform Technical Lead is capable of shaping services and features that drive the evolvement of the business’s sites and software.
Our fantastic diverse team consists of 30 people with strong background in Product, Computer & Data science, Business Development, Marketing and Human Resources.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Understand the needs from the Platform and other Engineering teams and provide appropriate guidance to engineers
- Partner with the Product Owner to successfully deliver platform capabilities that support Target business needs
- Ensure high availability, scalability and security of platforms
- Align team goals to OKRs and champion the creation of outcome-based measurements to enable continuous improvement
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making
- Design and drive the creation and adoption of new Platform Engineering standards and best practices
- Coach team members around engineering principles and Agile practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, and repeatable practices across teams and throughout the organization
- Active participant in team meetings, talent and leadership discussions
- Drive open source technology adoption and commit to open source technologies
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of engineering (software development) experience, preferably working as a backend developer
- Hands-on experience in microservices architecture
- Prior experience in leading teams with a strong track record of delivery and managing products
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
- Strong understanding of enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with integration preferably RESTful APIs, data handling technologies and other open source frameworks
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB and Redis
- Deep understanding of data structures, system design, and algorithms
- Previous experience with cloud technologies and experience setting up continuous integration infrastructures e.g Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- People skills: you have strong communication skills for the proper execution of your duties. You aim at forming strong and meaningful connections with other people, inspiring trust and confidence in them and have the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences. Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Experience as a Scrum Master is a plus
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Be part of a dynamic, fast-paced and internationally growing startup
- Work on cutting-edge big data analytics technology for the largest organisations worldwide
- A real scale-up adventure with great rewards
- Open and supportive culture on a flat organizational structure. Make your efforts and engagement count!
- A lot of independence and responsibility
- An inspiring and modern working environment in Zurich
- The ability to choose your own work devices
- The chance to work in a young, energetic and talented team that cares for each other: we live diversity and speak 14 different languages (English being our company language)
- Weekly team events, after-work beers and much more, we never miss out on fun!
- Fresh fruits basket, homemade cakes, free tea, coffee & snacks
- Optimise your work-life balance and work one week per year from wherever you want
If this sounds exciting, please submit your CV and cover letter. We are looking forward to hearing from you!