Are you excited to keep up-to-date with new algorithms and care about implementing them as efficiently as possible? Do you like to integrate different data sources in a Java application with a SQL database backend and to develop an innovative B2B software solution? Are you ready to take on a new challenge and join a fast growing and leading Swiss PropTech startup with ambitious plans to grow internationally? Then apply now and join us on our mission to improve the place where employees spend most of their days – the workspace.
WHO WE ARE
We are Locatee, a Zurich-based startup creating the future of office buildings. Our big data platform “Locatee Analytics” augments the physical workspace with real-time data to create smart and people-oriented office buildings. Thanks to Locatee, large worldwide organisations are able to intelligently optimise their office buildings and shape the way how people interact with their workspace.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain and further develop the backend of Locatee Analytics
- Implement data analytics and aggregations
- Develop integrations for different data sources, for example Exchange Web API for the workspace analytics
- Ensure the software we ship runs stable and meets our customer’s quality standards
- Employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value
- Code reviews to verify that the implementation meets specifications and designs using best practices
- Mentor junior team members to progress their technical and profession skills. Be open and actively seek learning opportunities from senior team members.
- Contribute your own ideas in our agile development process
WHAT YOU BRING
- Java: Advanced skills with Java and JEE
- Experience with Spring Framework, Messaging, Security, Web
- Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, transaction management
- SQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience working with Git
- Willing to learn and continuously working on improving your skills
- Great teammate, entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and spoken)
Additional skills are welcome, such as:
- Experience with performance tuning, both in Java and SQL
- Experience with messaging frameworks
- Background in statistics and machine learning
- Experience with networks (Switching, Routing, Wireless, SNMP)
- Linux administration experience
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Be part of a dynamic, fast-paced and internationally growing startup
- Work on cutting-edge big data analytics technology for the largest organisations worldwide
- A real scale-up adventure with great rewards
- Through a flat organisation we encourage innovation, ownership and open communication so that everybody feels engaged in the dynamic of the group
- A lot of independence and responsibility
- An inspiring and modern working environment in Zurich
- The ability to choose your own work devices
- The chance to work in a young, ambitious and talented team where friendship is one of the company's values
- We live diversity and speak 12 different languages (English being our company language)
- Weekly team events, after-work beers and much more, we never miss out on fun!
- Fresh fruits basket, homemade cakes, free tea, coffee & snacks
Do you want to become part of Locatee’s vision and grow together with us? Apply now and share some examples from your previous work. Please include links to your recent projects (links, code samples, e.g. on Github or as attachment). We are looking forward to hearing from you.