Are you excited to keep up-to-date with new algorithms and care about implementing them as efficiently as possible? Do you like to find simple and efficient solutions to complex problems? Are you ready to take on a new challenge and join a fast growing and leading Swiss PropTech startup with ambitious plans to grow internationally? Then apply now and join us on our mission to improve the place where employees spend most of their days – the workspace.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain and further develop the backend of Locatee Analytics
- Implement data analytics and aggregations
- Design major new features and demonstrate an understanding of development and platform constraints
- Come up with the architecture for new features
- Help to drive and deliver projects alongside the team
- Ensure the software we ship runs stable and meets our customer’s quality standards
- Employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value
- Code reviews to verify that the implementation meets specifications and designs using best practices
- Teach small groups of developers and contribute to Locatee’s shared knowledge base
- Mentor junior team members to progress their technical and profession skills
- Positively influence the reputation of Locatee in the wider tech community
- Help bring in great candidates for hire; participate in interview processes, help the team make meaningful, diverse hiring decisions
- Contribute and lead your own ideas in our agile development process
WHAT YOU BRING
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, bioinformatics, or related fields
- Java programming language is your mother tongue
- Solid Experience with
- Spring Framework, Messaging, Security, Web
- Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, transaction management
- SQL, MySQL/MariaDB
- Aware of industry best practices and trends that have at least one major skill outside of core coding, such as monitoring, documentation, integration testing, visual design or performance optimization
- Deep knowledge of networking is a plus
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Great teammate, entrepreneurial mindset
- Inspire a small group of people, actively pushing them to stretch themselves
- Keen to help create positive, supportive, engaging team environment
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and spoken)
- Have experience using analytics products, such as Google Analytics.
- Have spent time marketing to any of the following audiences: CFOs, corporate real estate managers, facility managers or corporate IT.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Be part of a dynamic, fast-paced and internationally growing startup
- Work on cutting-edge big data analytics technology for the largest organisations worldwide
- A real scale-up adventure with great rewards: we offer Phantom Stock Options to be part of Locatee’s success
- Through a flat organisation we encourage innovation, ownership and open communication so that everybody feels engaged in the dynamic of the group
- A lot of independence and responsibility
- An inspiring and modern working environment in Zurich
- The ability to choose your own work devices
- The chance to work in an English-speaking office with a young, energetic, talented and multinational team that cares for each other
- We live diversity
- Weekly team events, after-work beers and much more, we never miss out on fun!
- Fresh fruits basket, homemade cakes, free tea, coffee & snacks
WHO WE ARE
We are a Zurich-based start-up that supports large companies in optimizing their office buildings. Our Smart Building platform "Locatee " provides real-time data that makes office buildings intelligent and user-oriented. Thanks to Locatee, large organisations worldwide are able to intelligently optimize their office buildings and shape the way how people interact with their workspace.
Our motto is to create a work environment where people want to work, not need to. This is not only our working culture but also what we want our customers to reach thanks to Locatee.
Our fantastic diverse team consists of 25 people with strong background in Product, Computer & Data science, Business Development, Marketing and Human Resources.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!